40 Harness Racing Places For Your Bucket List

Dean Hoffman takes us around the world, and provides his list of 40 can’t miss locations in harness racing.

Norman Woolworth, a prominent American breeder and owner, traveled extensively in the world of trotting and often said, “Every harness racing fan should see the Little Brown Jug, the Prix d’Amerique in France, and the Elitlopp in Sweden.”

To that I would add the Gold Cup & Saucer on Prince Edward Island, certainly one of the most exciting events I’ve ever seen.

But why limit your dream trips to just four races in four different countries? There are so many other compelling places that a harness racing fan should try to see before he hits the finish line of life. Since this is the 40th anniversary of TROT, I’ve been asked to list 40 destinations that you should put on your personal bucket list.

They are not in any particular order and if you asked 40 people for such a list, you’d surely get many different ideas.

Check out the December issue of Trot for the can't miss locations.

#21 - AMISH COUNTRY - US AND CANADA

Have something to say about this? Log in or create an account to post a comment.