Eligibility – Two-year-old Maritime Sired Colts and Fillies (1 division of each)
Racing Conditions: The rules of racing of the Atlantic Province Harness Racing Commission (APHRC) and Truro Raceway in effect at the time the race is contested, shall govern this race. At the absolute discretion of Truro Raceway Ltd. (TRL) the entries of any person or the transfer of any entry may at any time be refused and/or cancelled without either notice or reason being given and without liability except for the return of Nomination Fee paid on an entry or entries refused and/or cancelled.
2. The event will take place on Sunday, November 5th, 2023.
3. Subject to the said Rules of the APHRC, TRL reserves the right to cancel the event without liability therefore upon repayment of all nomination fees paid on such cancelled event.
4. TRL reserves the right to change the time and/or place of the event in its absolute discretion, subject, however to the rules and regulations of the APHRC.
5. Conditions subject to change and/or adjustments up to and including April 14th, 2023.
6. Purse distribution will be as follows: All finishers will receive money.
50-24-11-7-4-2-1-1(if 8 finishers) 50-25-11-7-4-2-1 (if 7 finishers) 50-25-12-7-4-2 (if 6 finishers) 50-25-12-8-5 (if 5 finishers)
50-25-15-10 (if 4 finishers) 50-30-20 (if 3 finishers) 60-40 (if 2 finishers)
7. Race shall be held at a distance of one mile.
8. Qualifying standards: All horses declared must meet the qualifying standards of the Atlantic Standardbred Breeders Association.
9. The $6,000 nomination fee entitles the purchaser to a slot in their division of choice.
11. There will be a maximum of 8 slots available for purchase for the colt division and 8 slots available for the filly division.
12. Should less than 8 slots be sold in either division prior to April 14th, 2023 closing, TRL may extend the deadline to April 28th, 2023 in an effort to fill the slots. If still unable to sell the slots, one or both events will be cancelled and entry frees shall be returned.
13. If more than 8 separate purchasers purchase a slot in either division, the 8 purchased slots shall be drawn by lot. (preference given to separate ownership entries per division) All entry fees paid by purchasers who are outdrawn for a slot shall be refunded.
14. A slot is an entity and may be sold, traded or subject to a lease agreement. Any slot that changes hands must be submitted in writing by both parties to Truro Raceway.
15. Slot purchasers do not have to declare a horse until time of entry.
16. Declarations for the Diamond Classic races shall close on Wednesday, November 1st, 2023 at 10am.
For any inquiries, contact Truro Raceway General Manager Steve Fitzsimmons at 902-956-0024 or email [email protected].
Truro Raceway General Manager Steve Fitzsimmons at 902-956-0024 or email [email protected].