The Central Ontario Standardbred Association (COSA) is pleased to announce an expanded line-up of Facebook Live Shows for 2020 which will showcase 12 major event race days from across the province.
The Facebook Live Series will kick off this Sunday afternoon at picturesque Clinton Raceway with coverage of the track’s signature event, the $64,700 Kin Pace for three-year-old fillies. The 90-minute broadcast will also feature a pair of Ontario Sires Stakes Grassroots divisions for three-year-old filly trotters.
“COSA is pleased to be able to continue our Facebook Live Series with even more shows this season,” said the association’s President Bill O’Donnell. “We’ve seen the audience for these shows continuing to grow and this platform allows us the flexibility to broadcast from various tracks throughout Ontario. It gives us a chance to showcase their special event days to a broad audience of race fans and industry stakeholders.”
CUJO Entertainment will produce the shows and each 90-minute broadcast will feature live races, interviews, features and the ability to engage with viewers in real time through questions, comments and contest giveaways. Greg Blanchard, Mark McKelvie and Jaime MacDonald will serve as the show’s hosts.
“We are really looking forward to bringing a high quality production to these big race days,” said Curtis MacDonald who owns and operates CUJO Entertainment. “When possible, we will incorporate some of our new technology like the drone camera and the cable camera into the broadcasts in order to enhance the viewer’s experience. We want the audience to be entertained and engaged.”
The live stream can be accessed by subscribing to the COSA TV YouTube page which also gives fans access to other feature content. The shows will also be broadcast on COSA TV’s Facebook and Twitter channels.
A tentative schedule of 12 Facebook Live events is listed below. For complete details, visit www.cosatv.ca.
- Kin Pace Final – Clinton Raceway (July 5)
- Battle Of Waterloo – Grand River Raceway (Aug. 3)
- Des Smith/Earl Rowe – Rideau Carleton/(Remote) Georgian (Aug. 16)
- Balanced Image – Hanover Raceway (Aug. 22)
- Canadian Pacing Derby/Maple Leaf Trot – Mohawk (Sept. 5)
- Wellwood Memorial Final – Mohawk (Sept. 12)
- Canadian Trotting Classic – Mohawk (Sept. 19)
- Confederation Cup – Flamboro Downs (T.B.D.)
- Mohawk Million/Metro Pace – Mohawk (Sept. 26)
- Grassroots Final – Mohawk (Oct. 10)
- OSS Super Finals – Mohawk (Oct. 17)
- SBOA Finals – Mohawk (Nov. 14)