A robust field of 23 top pacing colts and geldings will contest Saturday's (July 24) eliminations in the $450,000 Delvin Miller Adios Pace for the Orchids at The Meadows.
The three $25,000 elims will go as Races 8, 9 and 10, with the top three finishers in each elimination returning for the $375,000 final set for July 31. Elimination winners earn the right to choose their post positions for the final.
The eliminations care also features a pair of stakes for three-year-old filly pacers: a $148,332 Pennsylvania Sires Stake (PASS) and an $80,000 PA Stallion Series event. First post for the eliminations card is 12:45 p.m. (EDT) while Adios Day (July 31) kicks off at noon.
Trainers Tony Alagna, Ron Burke and Nancy Takter each will send four horses to the Adios eliminations. Brett Pelling, with two, is the only other trainer with multiple hopefuls. Five of the 23 entrants competed in the Meadowlands Pace final.
Southwind Gendry, the richest entrant with $814,641 on his card, is among the 23 entered. The Always B Miki-Gamblers Passion gelding was fourth-placed-third in the Meadowlands Pace final, the results of which have been appealed to the New Jersey Racing Commission. Southwind Gendry has drawn post 2 in Race 8 for trainer Ron Burke and driver Yannick Gingras.
Abuckabett Hanover, a son of Betting Line-All Tucked Up who — in May and June — put together a three-race winning streak that included a Messenger elimination and two Pennsylvania Sires Stake splits, also competes. He's drawn post 7 in Race 8 for trainer Tony Alagna and driver Andrew McCarthy;
Hellabalou, who burst on the scene by springing an 81-1 shocker in a Meadowlands Pace elim, is also entered. The son of Sweet Lou-Magestic Blue Chip leaves from post 5 in Race 9 with McCarthy aboard for trainer Eddie Dennis.
Chase H Hanover, runner-up in last year's PASS championship who's seeking a signature win for trainer Scott Cox and Brian Sears, will go as well. The Captaintreacherous-Calgary Hanover gelding leaves from the pylons in Race 9.
The fields for the Adios eliminations appear below with the horse's post position, listed driver and trainer.
Adios Elimination 1, Race 8
1. South Beach Star (Todd McCarthy, Brett Pelling)
2. Southwind Gendry (Yannick Gingras, Ron Burke)
3. Lancaster Bomber (George Brennan, Duane Marfisi)
4. Natameri (Mike Wilder, Howard Okusko, Jr.)
5. Carbine (Dexter Dunn, Tony Alagna)
6. Red Right Hand (Todd McCarthy, Nancy Takter)
7. Abuckabett Hanover (Andrew McCarthy, Tony Alagna)
Adios Elimination 2, Race 9
1. Chase H Hanover (Brian Sears, Scott Cox)
2. Exploit (Andrew McCarthy, Tony Alagna)
3. Emblaze Hanover (Joe Bongiorno, Ron Burke)
4. Mysweetboymax (David Miller, Sam De Pinto)
5. Hellabalou (Andrew McCarthy, Eddie Dennis)
6. Dean B Hanover (Todd McCarthy, Brett Pelling)
7. One Eight Hundred (Tim Tetrick, Nancy Takter)
8. Billy Clyde (Mark MacDonald, Ray Schnittker)
Adios Elimination 3, Race 10
1. Lous Pearlman (Yannick Gingras, Ron Burke)
2. Literl Lad Hanover (David Miller, Ron Burke)
3. Water Sports Teen (Joe Bongiorno, Jennifer Bongiorno)
4. Curbside Pickup (Tim Tetrick, Bill MacKenzie)
5. Rockyroad Hanover (Dexter Dunn, Tony Alagna)
6. Bayfield Beach (David Miller, Nancy Takter)
7. Gamblin Mo (Tyler Buter, John Butenschoen)
8. Always A Miki (Dexter Dunn, Nancy Takter)