It has been reported that the Ontario Provincial Police is conducting background checks on the Lakeshore Horse Raceway Group.
An article by the CBC explains that an OPP officer has been sent to meet with executive members of the group on behalf of the Ontario Racing Commission.
"Part of the process is to make sure our company is on the up and up," said Essex County Warden Tom Bain, who is also part of the Lakeshore group.
The Lakeshore Horse Raceway Group, a not-for-profit entity, has proposed a plan that would see the ORC grant 10 addition 2013 race dates to the Leamington Fairgrounds.
The proposal is part of the not-for-profit's push to eventually erect a harness racing track in Lakeshore.
(With files from CBC)
• No Additional June Leamington Dates
• Bain "Satisfied" With Wynne's Efforts
• "Our Group Is Frustrated"
• Update On Lakeshore Proposal
• Liberal MPP To Meet With Wynne Regarding Ontario Racing
• Optimism In Essex
• Lakeshore Proposal Needs 'Tightening'
• Windsor Council Supports Track Group
• Essex Backs Lakeshore Raceway
• Group Announces Plans For Proposed Essex County Racetrack