Experts from the casino and horse racing industries will discuss the status of gaming in New Jersey, the bills recently signed into law by Governor Christie, and options for the future
, including sports betting and slot machines at harness racing's premier facility, the Meadowlands Racetrack.
Speakers will include:
* Jon Hanson, chairman of the N.J. Gaming, Sports and Entertainment Advisory Commission
* State Senator Raymond Lesniak
* Robert E. Mulcahy III, former President and CEO, NJ Sports and Exposition Authority
* Thomas Carver, former Chairman, of the N.J. Casino Reinvestment Development Authority
* Jeffrey Gural, chairman of Newmark Knight Frank and American Racing Entertainment
* Karyn Malinowski, director of Rutgers Equine Science Center
* Suzette Parmley, business reporter at The Philadelphia Inquirer
* James Simpson, proprietor of Hanover Shoe Farms
* Chris Woronka, a vice president and senior research analyst for Deutsche Bank Securities.
The forum, The Gaming Industry in New Jersey: The Present and the Future, will take place at Rutgers’ Newark Campus in the Paul Robeson Campus Center - Multi-Purpose Room, 350 Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard.
The conference is being sponsored by Rutgers University’s School of Public Affairs and Administration and the Hall Institute of Public Policy – New Jersey.