1. The 2023 TROT Magazine Harness Racing Fantasy Stable will be conducted from May 26, 2023 through to December 31, 2023. Contest entry will open on April 2, 2023 and close at 5:00 p.m. (EST) on Friday, May 26, 2023. No purchase is necessary. There is no cost to register. Contest is open to those who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of registration. The contest is void in whole where prohibited by law.
2. The contest will close for entries at 5:00 p.m. (EST) on May 26, 2023. Mailed-in entries must be postmarked
on or before May 26, 2023 to be accepted.
3. The top player will be the entrant whose selections have amassed the highest bankroll between May 26,
2023 and December 31, 2023.
a) Each participant must select
• For Group A through to Group H, participants choose ONE horse in each group.
• For Group I through to Group L (two-year-olds), participants choose TWO horses in each group.
• For Group M through to Group R, participants choose ONE person in each group.
b) Bankrolls will be recorded in Canadian funds, and based on horses’ total earnings and five per cent of total purse earnings for trainers and drivers. Earnings will be based on official earnings as recorded by Standardbred Canada on December 31, 2023. Earnings will not be subject to any changes after that date regardless of any subsequent changes.
c) For the purposes of the fantasy bankroll, the winners (horses only) of the 2023 Breeders Crown Finals will each receive a $200,000 contest bankroll bonus. In the event of a dead heat in a Breeders Crown Final, the $200,000 will be divided among the dead heating horse(s). No other bonuses will be given.
4. Failure to complete a selection in any category will result in a random selection being awarded in that category. In two-year-old categories, entrants may not select the same horse more than once. Doing so will result in a random selection being awarded in that category.
5. Only one entry will be accepted per individual and e-mail address. Multiple entries will result in immediate disqualification. Standardbred Canada (SC) reserves the right to disqualify any contestant which SC believes has submitted more than one entry. Submissions with incomplete, bogus or invalid names and/or e-mail addresses will not be accepted.
6. Employees, Directors and immediate family of Standardbred Canada or any provincial/state racing commission employees are not eligible for this contest. An immediate family member is defined as parents, siblings, children and spouse (regardless of where they live) or household roommates (whether related or not) of any of the above persons.
7. No phoned-in entries are allowed.
8. SC assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, ineligible or mutilated entries. SC is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable hardware or software or telephone transmission or technical failures, garbled or jumbled transmission or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of SC and will not be returned.
9. SC reserves the sole right to interpret all questions and conditions in regard to this contest.
10. Anything not covered in these rules will be ruled on by the management of SC and their decision will be final and binding.
11. SC reserves the right to contact any and all contestants.
12. The first three finishers (based on total stable earnings) will be awarded betting vouchers in the amount of $500 (1st place), $300 (2nd place) and $100 (3rd place). Standardbred Canada reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize or any portion of a prize with equivalent monetary value, if a prize or any part of the prize, cannot be awarded as described for any reason.
13. Ties will be settled by random draw, of those who are tied, conducted by SC.
14. Contestants, by entering the contest, agree to be bound by the above rules and regulations.