$275,000 Not Enough For Big Jim

big-jim-win-circle.jpg
Published: August 3, 2010 04:13 pm EDT

"I turned down $275,000 for him last week. My words were that he was a big horse, his name is Big Jim and he's got a big price tag."

After last night's victory in the $50,000 final of the Dream Maker Pacing Series at Mohawk Racetrack, Big Jim established himself as the fastest two-year-old in North America. He's also not for sale, at least not for any price offered thus far.

The $35,000 yearling purchase was victorious in 1:51.1 for owner James Carr and trainer James 'Friday' Dean. Driven by Phil Hudon, the son of Western Ideal also established a new stakes record with his victory.

Owner Jim Carr wasn't surprised at the effort Big Jim put in given that trainer 'Friday' Dean was high on him since day one.

"'Friday' said he was the best two-year-old he has trained and he has trained some good ones. I know we have a good horse, but we don't know just how good he is." Carr told WEG's Media Department.

While nothing is etched in stone in terms of a schedule, the colt is eligible to some of harness racing's top stakes for freshmen including the Metro, Nassagaweya, Governor's Cup and the Breeders Crown

(with files from WEG)

Tags
Have something to say about this? Log in or create an account to post a comment.